Monday, July 18, 2005

One tired cop



Buck: "Ah, there's the creep. Come on!"

Oldski: "You go that way. I'll cut him off around the corner at the next block."

Buck: "Right."

[chase on foot]

Buck: "Damnit, Oldski. Where the hell are you?" [peers around the corner]

Oldski: [panting and half-jogging] "He's . . . too . . . fast."

Buck: "You never even made it to the corner!"

Oldski: "I got a . . . good look at him . . . though."

Buck: "As he ran right past you."

Oldski: "He was . . . fast. Ugh, my chu-est . . . "

Buck: "Should've had that one."

Oldski: "Win some . . . lose . . . some. [hunches over a bit more] Ugh."

Buck: "You know, Oldski, I think maybe you need to hit the bench some. Maybe take a desk job. I know how Millie gets worried."

Oldski: [straightening up, trying to hide discomfort, speaking with a defensive nonchalance] "Nah, Millie worries. That's just the way she is. She's a worrier. Always has been."

Buck: "Look, Oldski. All I'm saying is that maybe you can't do this job anymore. You know: everyday---out on the street."

Oldski: "That's crazy talk. Everyone knows I'm a street cop. I know I'm not a bench jockey."

Buck: "Suit yourself. But wait 'til brass hears about this one."

Comments:
I can't wait for the next episode. If I know my cliches, Oldski will commit suicide when he's taken off the beat.

Oldski "But all I've ever known is being a cop!"

Captain: (sympathetically) "I'm sorry, Oldski. I really am. But this decision was made above my head. We'll need your badge and gun by the end of the day"

Oldski: "28 years on the force...28 years..."

(Note I'm not advocating suicide for Crisitian Guzman. Suicide, no. Career Suicide, yes.)
 
Nice thought. This screenwriter is nothing if not derivative. ;-)

I considered throwing in an "X until retirement" line, like they all have, but I just couldn't fit it in.
 
I just bought a boat. I named it the Live Forever.
 
MEN-DOH-ZAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Generic Prozac FLUOXETINE drug is a Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) that helps patients with depression by increasing the availability of serotonin in the brain. Scientists believe serotonin affects many types of activity in the brain, including the regulation of mood.

Generic Zoloft SERTRALINE drug is a selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) used to treat depression, panic disorder, obsessive - compulsive disorders (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD, and a severe form of premenstrual syndrome (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder - PMDD).

Generic Paxil Paroxetine drug is a newer class of antidepressant medication known as Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs).

Generic Celexa CITALOPRAM drug is a selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor used to treat depression. It may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.

Generic Lexapro ESCITALOPRAM drug is a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor or SSRI used to treat depression and Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD).

Generic Effexor Venlafaxine drug is used to relieve symptoms of depression, generalized anxiety disorder, and social anxiety disorder (social phobia).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?