Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Joint Appendix


Here are just the quotes ascribed to ¡LIVAN! by the three major Nats' beat writers, following a bizarre, unexpected rant that ranks up there with "Playoffs?! PLAYOFFS??!!!" and "It's practice, man, we're talkin' about practice!":

MLB.com:


"There is no decision right now. I'm going to make it tomorrow," said Hernandez. "I'm going to sleep tonight. I'm going to think about it, and we'll see. I'm not going to have any more MRIs. I'm not going to do nothing. I'm going to go straight to the point and that's it. It's
only one percent that I will not [have surgery]. It's not easy to make that decision. I love this team. You know I never quit."



Regarding his anger, Hernandez said, "I've been happy [with this franchise] for three years. This is the best organization. After the season, I'm going to tell you something. Don't worry, I'm going to
tell you."



"The slider was running inside too much. The hitters think it was a fastball, and they were moving in too quick. I hit four people, and that has never happened to me before," he said.


"I pitched good. The guy hit a good pitch and hit a home run. It wasn't a bad pitch," said Hernandez. "The ball was inside, and the guy was looking for that pitch, and he hit it good."

Washington Times:


"Something's bothering me, but it's not my knee," Hernandez said. "I'll tell you after the season."


"I will make [the decision] tomorrow," he said. "I will go to sleep tonight, think about it and then we'll see."


"It's hard for me, believe me," he said. "It's not easy for me. I love my teammates. I love this team. They're not going to quit. Everyone in the organization knows I'm going to do my best."

Washington Post:


"I'm not going to say nothing," Hernandez said. " . . . And this is the best organization. After the season, I'm going to tell you something. Don't worry about it."


"The knee is okay," Hernandez said. "I not say nothing about my knee is hurt. Nothing. I don't say nothing about my knee."


"Listen, it's hard for me," Hernandez said. "You think it's easy, but it's not easy. It's not easy for me to make the decision. It's not easy. I love my teammates. I love this team. You know I would never quit. Never. Because I am not a quitter. Everybody knows me. I go over there and do my best."


"When I come to the stadium tomorrow, I will see," Hernandez said. "I go to sleep tonight, I'm going to think about it. And that's it."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?