Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Lazy like Lupica

Mindless Mariotti-worthy meanderings

Bye bye Endy. May the road rise to meet you, then consume you in a massive ball of fire . . .

Carlos Baerga runs like a penguin, according to Chris Needham. Not able to watch, I prefer to imagine Ben Kingsley's bouncy prance from Sneakers . . .

Preston Wilson to the Nats? Inquirer to the toilet . . .

I approve of "TA2," Rocket's nickname for Tony Armas, Jr. Not quite as good as Chipper Jones's nickname, though, which is "T & A." . . .

Offwing seems to be back in full swing. Good to see . . .

Eucalyptus turns the Angelosian tables. Speaking of Camden Yards, I really do love the place, but they've got to do something about the chain-link fences that flank the grandstands down the line in foul territory. The camera shots from both dugouts feature them prominently, and they stick out like sore thumbs. . .

The Baseball Savant takes a look at "the race for 95 wins." For the NL East, he apparently doesn't see it happening, but he's still got the Nats last, at 78-84. I'd say "jerk," but the Savant really is a nice guy . . .

I talked on the phone yesterday to a second-cousin who lives in San Jose. We're the same age, within a month or two of each other, and used to spend summers together in California. He's a lifetime A's fan---really hard-core. He expressed hope that the A's would move to San Jose. I told him to have fun with that TV deal. . . .

A new blog has come to my attention, United States of Baseball. Looks pretty good to me, though when it comes to "of Baseball" monikers, District of Baseball had me at hello. . .

Speaking of which, for the first time since about January, I didn't check District of Baseball and William World News immediately in the morning. I just knew I missed to do something today. . .

A DC Examiner guy says that DC should be a "National League town." He's probably a poster on the Ballpark Guys board. Seriously, the consideration seems incredibly short-sighted. How many New Yorkers and New Englanders live in DC? How many of those are Yankees and Red Sox fans? I swear, at GW, if I could reduce my "friends types" down to three, it would be Jerk Yankee Fan, Drunk Sox Fan, and Miscellaneous . . .

I love the title SLAM! Sports. I'd try to rap like Onyx, bbbbbbbbut waaaait, it would get worse . . .

Germane to this post's irrelevance, I commend you to a "companion piece" by legendary poster Brian, commenting on Capitol Punishment as Larry King:

The Nationals really need to consider bringing up Rick Short. Nothing beats a cold bowl of pudding. Jim Bowden is the class of MLB GMs.


Comments:
I consider it a great honor to be mentioned by the almighty Basil ;)
 
Also, a tip of the cap to the Onyx reference ...

I'm the inspiration, for a whole generation and unless you got 10 sticky fingers, it's straight immitation. A figment, of your imagination
 
Think nothing of it, Brian. ;-)

And if you've never seen a random white guy bust out his Onyx in the middle of a food line at Busch Gardens, then you've never met my friend Allen.
 
A better song to go along with ballpark Sumo Suit Fights has yet to be written
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a NASCAR poster site. It pretty much covers NASCAR poster related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a diecast car site. It pretty much covers diecast car related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a NASCAR diecast car site. It pretty much covers NASCAR diecast car related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my Hero Posters related site. It isn't anything special but you may still find something of interest.
 
A fantastic blog. Keep it up. Here's the resolve a lot of people are searching for; check out these collectible sports memorabilia items - Sports Collectible Shop
 
Hello,
Without much luck, I was searching for blogs about Home & Garden when I happened across yours. It's a cool blog. Evidently you like telling it like it is! I have a really great ebay website that is easy to use that you may like. If you get a chance, check it out www.licensedbrandsclub.com.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?