Thursday, March 03, 2005

Rack 'em

So, the Nats won yesterday, huh?

---Unfortunately, about the time Jose Guillen was performing the Heilman Manuever to right, I was sitting in the doc's office, reading this. (No disrespect to the publication itself, or to the people it promotes, but . . . it ain't baseball, you know?)

Anyway, I really wish I could have seen the game. The other night, when the WaPo reporter called, I mentioned how very cool it was to see Brad Wilkerson stride to the plate in a Nats uni. Keep in mind I was talking about a freakin' video game.

Hey, I just discovered this! It's like a personalized, Nats-ized version of a gametracker. I don't know if Rich intends this to be a regular feature, but he certainly gets a BIG E for "effort."

---During the game, Tom Boswell did an online chat. One of the questions he received read (note location):


Richmond, Va.: Tom, thank you for keping this dream alive. Washington ought to declare today "Tom Boswell Day." . . . I also hope a Boswell book is forthcoming on the rebirth on D.C. baseball; your columns of late have been poetic.

Just in case anyone was wondering, the author of that question was not me.

---Fresh off the "presses" from today's "Frankly Speaking" on Nats Journal:


The key is the top of the lineup. If we're going to score and be consistent those two guys [Endy Chavez and Cristian Guzman] have to -- or whomever is hitting up there 1-2 -- we'll have to get on base on a consistent-type basis.

That little caveat should ease a bit the concerns over the "Inning-Endy PLUS Guzman??!!" at the top of the order concern/outrage. Just a bit, concededly.

---Terrmel Sledge is a long way from Rodney Dangerfield status (first of all, Terrmel's still alive), but this little note also found in "Nats Journal"---when viewed in light of his situation as perhaps/probably bench-bound--- might yield some "Can't get no respect" jokes:


No surprises in today's lineup against Bethune-Cookman. Well, maybe one. Terrmel Sledge is leading off. No, it's not because Frank Robinson projects him as a lead-off hitter. It's because he initially forgot to put Sledge in the lineup today, someone noticed the oversight, and he just stuck him in the top spot.

Comments:
Note that all he's looking for is a 'consistent-type' basis. Them's weasel words if I've ever heard them!

I might be able to get you a discount on that faux leather bomber from the magazine. Just let me know!
 
Really? Cool. ;-)

I'll be looking like Ted Williams in old WWII footage in no time!
 
Really? Cool. ;-)

I'll be looking like Ted Williams in old WWII footage in no time!
 
Do you want the one with or without the built-in hernia truss?

Sadly, I'm pretty sure that's an option ;)
 
Throw in a utility belt/pill dispenser, and we've got a deal! ;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?