Monday, March 14, 2005

Life imitates "art" (loosely defined)

Everything I need to know about the Orioles/Nats "negotiation", I learned in "Die Hard"

Starring!!!
* Peter Angelos as "Hans Gruber"!!! (deceptive but essentially overconfident scam artist/terrorist with no defining principles except "Hey, I want money").
* Bud Selig as "Deputy Chief of Police Dwayne T. Robinson"!!! (boorish, completely inept strategist and negotiator). [Also, in a bit role is Bob DuPuy as "Idiot SWAT Team Guy" (mistakes dedicated machine-gunning of huge spotlights as "panic fire" and completely bungles a two-pronged invasion of the Nakatomi building).]
* All Nationals fans as "Holly Gennero McClane"!!! (innocent person trapped as hostage on 30th floor of LA high-rise on Christmas Eve).

It's not perfect---there's no John McClane to save the day, apparently---but it's the best I can do at the moment. I'm running out of words on the subject, and I'm beginning to displace my dislike of Angelos on the Orioles in general. Meh; just another customer lost, right? All Angelos cares about is geographic scope outside of Bal'mer, not actual people now, I suppose.

For a more sophisticated take, see Ballwonk.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?