Friday, February 25, 2005

Satellite, my diamond in the sky

Tomorrow, I think I'm going to take The Plunge.

I believe that Andrew, the skinny Best Buy associate with the skinny Scott Weiland/"Plush"-era beard, noticed me drooling on the floor. When I got back to the car, I called my buddy Balding in LA; I told him that this is crack-in-baseball-form. It's gotta be.

Any last minute suggestions? Speak now, or my wallet forever holds its peace.

---While in Best Buy, I purchased MVP Baseball 2005. I'm normally "Wayne Knight is officially freaked out"-style queasy about EASports titles---and aside from hearing my old roommate theorize that the play-by-play guy actually didn't say, "Oh Buck, he crushed it!" in TriplePlay '99 (referring to Buck Martinez, of course---right?), I've never enjoyed even one second of EA's baseball. So, as Captain Hypertension, Chris Berman, might say, "We shall see." Besides, I had a $20 gift certificate, and EA's apparently entered paranoia mode in reaction to ESPNGames' decision to slash prices---the upshot of which is that I only shelled out ten bucks. That's worth it, considering I'm getting baseball-crazy again (mmmm . . . XM Radio) and ESPN's game isn't out yet.

Anyway, I'll give it a twirl and post a review by the end of the weekend, maybe. As I said on the Ballpark Guys forum, the rosters are current as of 1/12/05. What's that mean to us? No Loaiza. No Baerga. No Osuna. Perhaps others, too, though I haven't checked.

One more initial note: The depth of this game is impressive. It's got at least our upper level minor league teams (New Orleans and Harrisburg), and the remainder of our 40-man is placed on the Zephyrs. The rest of the minor leaguers appear to be vague composites of real guys, just disguished by strange, amalgramated names. Where else can you find a guy with a Japanese first name and a Latin last name? EA Sports: Your 21st Century Coca-Cola commercial!

Comments:
Do it!

XM is good stuff. I've had it for about nine months now and have enjoyed the music quite a bit, but since the baseball channel started, it has gotten even better.

In Glen Allen, I have no troubles with reception whatsoever. Although who knows what happens when you go south of the river (hehe).
 
Thanks for the encouragement, Tom G! I think I'm going to go by my Best Buy today and do it. It's on the south of the River, of course, so hopefully the guys can read the installation directions. ;-)
 
I'll add, concerning MVP Baseball 2005, that you can (and I did) obviously add Loaiza et. al from the free agent list (though doing so counts toward your "budget" in Dynasty or Owner modes). The game's also got A-ball Potomac; I didn't check, but I would expect they are still the Cannons. They've got all composite players, though, obviously.
 
My friend actually sent me a link to this Satellite, my diamond in the sky post and I have to admit, some pretty cool info here but nothing about create a free gift certificate. And I found this great site create a free gift certificate and was wondering if anyone here also thinks it has a good concept?

I am bookmarking this to check back in a couple of days, please let me know what you think! If anybody knows of any sites that are similar please let me know. Thanks!
 
HI there....I came across your Satellite, my diamond in the sky post and was wondering if you help point me an any direction, because all I keep finding is free gift certificate related stuff and I am not too interested in it. I am looking more for free stuff...although I did come across this site free gift certificate and it was actually pretty cool. I think you have a great blog here and I will be bookmarking it to check back in a couple of days.

Anyways, let me know if you have any other resources...thanks!
 
I am not very good at writing blog post and found Satellite, my diamond in the sky while searching for free amazon gift certificate related stuff...I am usually on ICQ and was chatting with a buddy of mine about a website he found regarding free amazon gift certificate and we were amazed at how well the site is put together.

I was wondering if anyone here had any feedback about it. Please let me know if you like the site and post back here or any resources you know about free amazon gift certificate. I will be bookmarking this blog and I will check back in a day or so. Thanks!
 
My friend actually sent me a link to this Satellite, my diamond in the sky blog post and I have to admit, theres some pretty good info here but nothing about blank certificate free gift printable specifically. And I found this great site blank certificate free gift printable and was wondering if anyone here also thinks it has a good concept offering blank certificate free gift printable

I am bookmarking this to check back in a couple of days, please let me know what you think! If anybody knows of any sites that are similar please let me know. Thanks!
 
My friend actually sent me a link to this Satellite, my diamond in the sky blog post and I have to admit, theres some pretty good info here but nothing about free gift certificate specifically. And I found this great site free gift certificate and was wondering if anyone here also thinks it has a good concept offering free gift certificate

I am bookmarking this to check back in a couple of days, please let me know what you think! If anybody knows of any sites that are similar please let me know. Thanks!
 
My friend actually sent me a link to this Satellite, my diamond in the sky blog post and I have to admit, theres some pretty good info here but nothing about free blank gift certificate specifically. And I found this great site free blank gift certificate and was wondering if anyone here also thinks it has a good concept offering free blank gift certificate

I am bookmarking this to check back in a couple of days, please let me know what you think! If anybody knows of any sites that are similar please let me know. Thanks!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?