Saturday, January 29, 2005

Oh, Lord in heaven, NO!

Nats interested in Dave Johnson as Nats play-by-play guy, DCRTV reports; Nats fans cringe

I don't like Dave Johnson; I don't know many people who do. Now, I'm sure he's a nice guy in real life, but between 1) his odd vocal pacing and 2) his complete apparent smugness, he strikes me as strictly a second-rate announcer. That's fine for Wizards basketball, because WTEM puts absolutely no effort into the product. But these are our Nats and this is MLB, which is still a radio-broadcast driven sport.

So, if this rumor turns into more of a rumor---well, I share the sentiment of poster NatsForMe from the discussion on the Ballpark Guys DC forum. What is that sentiment, you ask? See the title of this post.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?