Saturday, January 22, 2005

Big fun with small samples

Pravda correspondent Bill Ladson tells us about Nats---new and old, significant and insignificant---who are playing in the Winter League playoff rounds.

You can't tell much at all from the figures Ladson cites (e.g., 22 at-bats or 14.2 innings pitched), but I got a kick out of the section on Cristian Guzman:

Like Guillen, Guzman is also playing for the Tigers. Guzman has only two hits in 22 at-bats with two RBIs.
Regarded as one of the American League's best defensive shortstops, Guzman, 26, finished second in the AL with a .983 fielding percentage. Nationals interim general manager Jim Bowden considers Guzman to be one of the cornerstones of the franchise and believes he will become a better hitter in the future.

Fill that space, Bill! Pad that word count!

Comments:
Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?